WordQ 5 supports elementary and secondary students by offering practical strategies that take advantage of state-of-the-art word prediction, speech feedback, proofreading, enhanced topical web searches, and other unique technologies.
This supports current UDL environments recognising the importance of pedagogy and integration of assistive technology. Teachers/instructors can focus on helping students work and learn more independently—making them effective writers in the long run.
Key Features and Benefits
- Advanced word prediction helps with spelling and grammar using three levels of vocabulary with a background prediction dictionary of 80,000 linguistically aligned words and phrases appropriate for elementary and secondary schools; profanity and bias-free.
- Easy-to-use interface supports offline writing across desktop applications.
- High-quality speech feedback allows students to hear what they write in a clear and pleasant voice to immediately capture mistakes independently.
- Proofreading mode guides students to readily find and correct spelling and grammar mistakes.
- *NEW* Dynamic topics with integrated ThoughtQ technology helps students research and write about an unfamiliar topic.
- *NEW (Windows only)* Speech recognition with integrated SpeakQ technology supports students who have difficulty with conventional dictation software.
- *NEW and FREE* ReaderQ Chrome browser extension guides students to actively read, take notes and paraphrase while working with web pages, and helps reduce plagiarism.
- *NEW* Subscription and Perpetual licensing of volume and school district purchases